Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: None* / Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (from one small)
- 1 cup sliced grape OR cherry tomatoes
- 2 radishes, sliced or chopped
- ½ lb. cooked rib-eye steak, sliced ¼” thick (see below for cooking instructions if not using leftover steak from Day 6*)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon raw honey
- pinch fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, cucumber, tomatoes, and radishes.
- Transfer ½ of the salad to each of two plates. Top each serving with ½ of the steak and drizzle with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Serve.
* Heat a cast iron or other sturdy skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the steak on both sides evenly with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add 1 teaspoon ghee to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the steak and cook, undisturbed, for 4-6 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Flip steak and cook another 2-5 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
Turn the steak on its sides for a few seconds per side so that the edges are also browned. Add 2 teaspoons ghee and tilt the pan so the ghee pools on one side. Cook the steak another 1-2 minutes, basting with the ghee. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest while you make the salad, 5-7 minutes. Slice ¼” thick.