Summer Salsa & Cucumbers
Active Time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 servings / about 3 cups
Nutrition Corner: Cilantro
Cilantro has been most studied regarding its detoxification and anti-cancer potential. When cooking with cilantro, keep in mind that the flavor decreases with cooking, so add cilantro to warm dishes after it has cooked.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced (from 1 small pineapple, peeled. The remaining pineapple (at least 2 cups) will be used Day 1)
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1 small lime
- ¼ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into rounds, thick enough to use as a “chip”
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To serve, enjoy 1/3 – 1/2 cup with cucumbers.