Summer Squash Noodles with scallops & orange basil vinaigrette
Active Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 3 summer squash, ends sliced off
- 1/3 - ½ cup orange basil vinaigrette
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (from dinner last night)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 7 ounces / just under ½ pound / 8-10 large scallops, thawed
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Make squash noodles using a vegetable spiralizer, or vegetable peeler. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee over medium heat in a medium skillet. Once hot add scallops (you should hear your first scallop sizzle as it hits the hot ghee. If it does not, remove it and wait until your skillet is hot). Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Scallops should be browned on both sides, opaque all the way through, and slightly firm to the touch. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup dressing to the noodles and toss to evenly coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add beans and mix again.
- To serve, top noodles with toasted pine nuts and additional dressing, if desired. Serve topped with scallops.