Summer Vegetable Stir-fry with Forbidden Rice
Active Time: 25-30 minutes / Cook Time: 25-30 minutes / Total Time: 50-60 minutes (plus overnight soaking for the rice)
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 heads baby bok choy, sliced 1” thick
- 2 cups snow peas, stemmed
- 2 medium summer squash, halved and cut into 1” half-moons
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha, or to taste
- 1 cup Forbidden Rice, soaked overnight and drained
- scant 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sesame oil, for finishing (optional)
- Add rice, water and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Make sure all of your stir-fry ingredients are prepared before you start cooking. While rice is cooking, add oil to a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high. Add scallions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry one minute. Add bok choy, snow peas, and squash and stir-fry 5-8 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Turn off heat and stir in tamari and Sriracha.
- Serve 1/4 of stir-fry and rice per person, packing the other half for lunch tomorrow. Drizzle with sesame oil, if desired.