Superfood Trail Mix
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 3 1/4 cups (about 12 servings)
Homemade trail mix skips the pesky additives found in most packaged mixes, most notably, vegetable oils. Make sure you are buying dry-roasted (as opposed to nuts roasted with vegetable oil) and organic nuts. If you prefer to buy raw nuts, make sure you roast them at home to increase digestibility and remove some of the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors.
- 3/4 cup dry roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup dry roasted walnuts
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Lily's no sugar added brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to an airtight container or mason jar.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup Trail Mix in a small bowl or to-go container.