Active Time: 8 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are truly amazing and offer many different health benefits, including the promotion of healthy skin, proper digestion and detox, the building of strong bones and increased energy, and the prevention of heart disease and diabetes. Chia seeds, as well as flax seeds and hemp seeds are all plant sources of protein. This breakfast offers about 16 grams of protein per serving!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 small pinches sea salt
- Add almond milk to a small pot and warm over medium heat until just simmering.
- While milk warms, peel banana and cut in half crosswise. Place a half of a banana in each of two serving bowls and mash very well with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons flax and 1 tablespoon chia to each of the two bowls.
- Add half (1/2 cup) warm milk to each bowl and mix well.
- Add 3 tablespoons hemp, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and a small pinch of sea salt to each bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Enjoy warm.