Sweet Potato Frittatas
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 25-75 minutes (will vary depending on the sweet potato) / Total Time: 45-90 minutes (will vary depending on the sweet potato)
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 6 oz.)*
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
*If you baked an extra potato on Day 4, you can skip step one.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut a long, deep slit in the sweet potato, wrap tightly in foil, and bake for 40-60 minutes, or until fully tender. Reduce the oven to 375° F. (Alternatively, wrap the potato in parchment paper and microwave 8-10 minutes or until tender. Preheat the oven to 375° F.)
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- While the sweet potato bakes, cook the bacon in a 10-12” oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy, 6-8 minutes. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat and discard the rest. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Whisk the ½ of the scallions, eggs, and salt into the sweet potatoes.
- Add the spinach and half of the bacon to the egg mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Place the skillet with the bacon grease over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring once or twice to form curds, until the bottom and sides of the eggs begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining scallions and bacon and all of the cheese on top of the eggs. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are fully set and beginning to puff slightly.
- Let cool slightly, cut the frittata in half, and serve.