Tex-Mex Omelets with Avocado Slices
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 6-8 minutes / Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- pinch fine sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- ¾ cup Black Bean and Corn Salsa (Recipe provided below if not made with dinner Day 4)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the egg mixture to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Let cook until the bottom and edges are cooked and the top is mostly set, about 2-3 minutes. Run a thin spatula around the outside edge of the eggs and give the pan a shake to loosen the omelet. Spoon ½ cup salsa (use a slotted spoon, so that most of the liquid is left behind) just to one side of the center and fold the other side of the omelet over the salsa. Continue cooking 1-2 more minutes until eggs are completely cooked. Slide the omelet onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining eggs and salsa.
- Serve one omelet per person, with half of the avocado slices. Sprinkle with avocado slices with sea salt.
*Alternatively, you can cook the whole recipe in a medium skillet and simply cut the omelet in half, reducing the cooking time.