Toasted Almond Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
Active Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 strawberries, sliced or quartered
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee, plus more for the pan
- ¼ cup dry roasted almonds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint (optional)
- Combine eggs, almond flour, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon melted ghee in a blender; blend to fully combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the strawberries and honey. Set aside.
- Toast sliced almonds in a 10” skillet over medium heat until slightly browned (watch carefully—they burn quickly!). Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Quickly pulse the crepe batter in the blender again. Bring the same skillet to medium heat and brush with ghee. Add ¼ cup of crepe batter to the skillet and tilt the pan using a circular motion to help the batter coat the bottom evenly. Cook until the edges of the crepe begin to dry out and crisp a bit, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is lightly brown, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, place two crepes on each of two plates. Spoon ¼ of the strawberries down the center of each crepe, and either roll into a cigar-like shape or fold into a triangular shape. Drizzle with any remaining honey and strawberry juice, almonds, and sprinkle with mint, if using.