Active Time: 15-20 minutes
- 6 tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (optional)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, for desired consistency (start with the lesser amount)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar OR white wine vinegar
- fine sea salt, to taste
- hot sauce, to serve (optional)
- Add all ingredients except hot sauce to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning. If you would like a thinner soup, add more water by the tablespoon and pulse to combine.
- Divide soup evenly among 4-6 airtight containers and store in the refrigerator until needed for lunch. The soup will freeze well, but if planning to freeze, wait to add vinegar until after defrosting.