Turkey Meatballs with tomato & herb salad
Active Time: 40 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Total Time: 60 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 slices almond flour bread loaf, toasted and processed into bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, colorful, cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix beaten egg with garlic, parsley, dry oregano, dry basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix in ground turkey, bread crumbs, and grated parmesan.
- Shape 20 meatballs and place them on a non-stick baking pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through (no pink in the center).
- In a large bowl, toss sliced onion and vinegar together.
- Add garlic, fresh herbs, and cut tomatoes.
- Top with olive oil and fresh ground black pepper and toss lightly.
- Plate salad, reserving ½ for next day’s lunch, and top with 5 meatballs each.
- Package two portions to-go and store in the fridge.