Turmeric Eggs with Mushrooms, Onions, & Spinach
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 5 large baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches turmeric
- 2 small handfuls spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, optional
- Heat ghee over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet (you can use two separate small skillets instead of one large skillet if desired: one for veggies and one for eggs).
- Add onions and sauté, 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- Use a spatula to move veggies to one half of the skillet. Gently crack each egg side by side on the other half of the skillet.
- Sprinkle eggs evenly with sea salt, pepper, and turmeric. Reduce heat just slightly, cover, and let cook until eggs almost reach your desired doneness, 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the top of the veggies, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until spinach is just wilted, 30-60 seconds.
- To serve, transfer two eggs to each of two serving plates, along with half of the veggies. Drizzle veggies with one teaspoon balsamic if desired.