Tuscan Kale Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 10-15 minutes / Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves 2 with leftovers for lunch
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup marcona almonds or pine nuts (optional)
- 2 bunches (about 2 lbs.) lacinato kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fine sea salt, to taste
- Place eggs in small saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, turn off heat, cover pan. Let sit for 10 minutes. Gently drain off water and run cold water over eggs until cool enough to handle. Peel and set aside.
- While the eggs are sitting, prep remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, toss beans, bell pepper, raisins, and almonds (if using). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and honey. Whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Taste and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add kale to dressing. Using clean hands, massage dressing into kale until greens start to soften and wilt a bit. Top with bean mixture. Toss lightly.
- Serve ¼ of salad and one egg per person for dinner. Pack remaining salad and eggs in airtight containers for lunch tomorrow.