Vegetable Pancakes with sliced apple
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 15-18 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes, plus time for the vegetables to drain
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded*
- 1 medium yellow squash, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut flour (depending on how firm you’d like the pancakes to be; they’ll be eggier and less firm with 1 tablespoon)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 apple, halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced
- In a large colander set in the sink, toss the zucchini, squash, and carrots with the salt. Let sit 15 minutes. Gather up the vegetables and gently wring them out with your hands. Place in a medium bowl.
- Stir scallions, coconut flour, and pepper into the vegetables, making sure the flour hasn’t formed any large clumps. Stir beaten egg(s) into the vegetable mixture.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon ghee to pan, swirl to coat. Using 1/4 cup batter per pancake, drop batter into pan and gently press down with spatula. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until the pancakes are browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve half of the pancakes and half of the sliced apple per person.
*A box grater will give you prettier shreds, but a food processor will be faster. Your call!