Vegetable Stir-fry* with Cauliflower Rice
Active Time: 35-40 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Makes 4 servings
*For a stir-fry dish, it is important to have all of your ingredients prepped before you begin cooking, or an item can overcook while it waits for you to prep the next one.
- ½ cup low-sodium, gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1-2 tablespoons gochujang or Sriracha, or more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced vertically
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup chopped dry roasted cashews
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tamari and next 5 ingredients (through ginger). Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, add to food processor, and pulse until cauliflower pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a medium skillet. When it is shimmering, add cauliflower rice and sea salt and cook, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is tender, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside and cover to keep warm
- Heat remaining tablespoon coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When it is shimmering, add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and broccoli and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Taste a vegetable; it should be crisp-tender. If still too crisp, cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve ¼ of the stir-fry and ¼ of the cauliflower rice per person for dinner, sprinkling each serving with 1 chopped scallion and 1 tablespoon cashews.
- Package remaining servings in airtight containers for lunches tomorrow and refrigerate until needed.