Warm Sweet Potato Salad
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 oz. sweet potato, (about 1 large) peeled or scrubbed well
- 8 oz. broccoli (about 1 medium stalk), cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ small onion, peeled and cut in half vertically
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- pinch fine sea salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced savoy OR green cabbage from a medium head (wrap tightly and refrigerate; use the rest on Day 7)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons peanut butter (OR almond OR sunflower butter)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (substitute coconut aminos for a soy free option)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger pinch garlic powder OR ½ small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons warm water, plus more if needed
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts OR cashews OR sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into 8 wedges, and cut each wedge in half horizontally. Toss in a large bowl with coconut oil, broccoli, onion, bell pepper, and salt and place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring once, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Place cabbage in bowl used for sweet potatoes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the peanut butter with the next 10 ingredients (through hot sauce). Add ¼ cup of the dressing to the cabbage and toss.
- Transfer ½ of the cabbage to each of two plates. Top each with ½ of sweet potato mixture and drizzle evenly with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with scallions and nuts (if using) and serve.