Winter Chicken Salad
Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 dried apricots, diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons dry-roasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or goji berries
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon raw liquid honey (if honey is solid immerse jar in hot water until honey liquefies)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small oven-safe pan, fill the bottom with 1/4 inch of water and place the 2 chicken breasts inside. Place in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Chicken should be white with no pink or red and juices should run clear when cut into with a knife.
- While the chicken is baking mix the mayonnaise with the honey in a small dish and set aside.
- While the chicken is baking dice celery and apricots and roughly chop pecans and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add the cranberries, salt and pepper
- When chicken is cooked, either roughly cut the breast meat or place in a food processor and grind.
- Place the ground or roughly cut chicken breast in the bowl with the other ingredients, add the mayonnaise mixture and stir well.
- Take 1/2 cup of Winter Chicken Salad and package into four separate small containers for snack this week.