Zucchini Bread, Hard Boiled Eggs, & Tomato
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
Makes 2 servings (12 slices zucchini bread)
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more to grease the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Hard Boiled Eggs & Tomato:
- 2 eggs
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil or chive oil
- 4 slices zucchini bread
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced thick (4-8 slices)
- Remove excess water from the shredded zucchini by placing zucchini in the center of a kitchen towel and squeezing gently.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a 5 x 9 bread-loaf pan by very lightly greasing it using a paper towel and small amount of melted coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and fold in zucchini. Pour into loaf tin.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The bread is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from loaf pan by running a knife around the edges of the load and flipping it upside down on a countertop. Lift up and allow your loaf to slide out. Flip loaf right side up and allow to cool completely.
- Gently place eggs in a small pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. When the water starts to simmer, remove the pot from heat, cover, and let sit for 9 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, cut 4 slices of bread and warm or toast in a dry skillet on the stove top, depending on your preference.
- Drain eggs and rinse under cold water. Once cool enough to handle, peel each egg under cool running water.
- Cut each egg into 4 slices. Plate 2 slices of bread per plate and top each with 2 slices tomato. Add egg to each stack, topped with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Store leftover zucchini bread in a zip lock bag in the fridge.